Mac & Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 16 oz frozen tortellini
- 3 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP flour
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (We used Borden® Cheese)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion powder
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 Mozzarella/Provolone Cheese, shredded (We used Borden® Cheese)
- 3-4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a glass baking dish (we used a 9×12) with non stick cooking spray
- Prepare frozen tortellini according to the package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 3 TBSP butter. Add flour, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until completely combined.
- Add milk to the saucepan. Cook on medium heat until bubbling. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens. (Approximately 3-5 minutes)
- Stir in cheddar cheese and let it melt until almost completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix tortellini with the cheese sauce. Pour into prepared glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, 2 TBSP melted butter and mozzarella/provolone cheese mixture. Mix until completely combined. Sprinkle evenly over tortellini.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces over bread crumb mixture.