I’m going to be honest, I am on a roll this weekend. I haven’t made too many treats since returning from Hawaii in February and jumping feet first into a healthy eating kick. I caught a glimpse of myself in a swimsuit on video that trip and it wasn’t good. Clearly, this Memorial Day weekend is different. I’ve whipped up three ahh-mazing desserts for the family to enjoy poolside and during our weekend BBQs.
Today’s tasty treat was Magic Turtle Bars and these are super easy to make. A cookie crust with tons of turtle goodness all in one pan.
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
- 2 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag Kraft Caramels (chopped)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cans sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper or lightly spray or grease.
- Combine crushed Oreo cookies and butter till combined and Oreo crumbs are moist. Spread evenly in bottom of pan, pressing down to form a crust.
- Unwrap caramels and cut the squares into smaller pieces. I cut each square into four pieces.
- Layer one bag chocolate chips evenly over crust. Top with the caramel pieces and pecans (save out about 1/4 cup for the top). Next sprinkle the second bag of chocolate chips and remaining pecans.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over the entire pan, and try to make sure to cover all the nooks and crannies.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, just until condensed milk begins to turn golden. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Store in airtight container. These bars are amazing served with vanilla ice cream.
*Recipe adapted from Chocolate Chocolate and More