Recipe: Classic Beef and Noodles Stroganoff
Today I wanted to share a classic dinner recipe- Beef and Noodles Stroganoff. This recipe is the perfect balance of pasta and meat and it’s hearty and delicious. Follow my easy steps below and you’re sure to have a new winning recipe on your hands!
8 oz of wide egg noodles
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 pounds of ground beef
2 tablespoons of flour
2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
2 cans of beef consomme (Campbell’s makes these, they are in the soup aisle)
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
2 cups sour cream
1 cup parmesan cheese
1. Brown your beef in a large skillet.
2. While your beef is browning, cook your noodles according to the package.
3. Once the beef is completely cooked, drain all the fat and add the onion, garlic, and flour to it. Stir everything together.
4. Add the tomato sauce and beef consomme plus the pepper. Let this all simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then add sour cream to the beef mixture and stir.
7. Place everything in a buttered pan. The pan I used was a 13 x 9 x 2 plus I had a little bit extra mix so I put the rest in a small casserole dish.
8. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
That’s it! Fairy simple and VERY delicious!
Recipe: Classic Beef and Noodles Stroganoff.
- 8 oz wide egg noodles
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 2 cans of beef consomme
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown your beef.
- Cook the noodles.
- Add to the ground beef- onion, garlic, and flour.
- Add the tomato sauce and consomme and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add sour cream.
- Add noodles.
- Place in a buttered dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
If I were to make this with turkey, would I still use beef consomme or is there something else? I’m not sure what beef consomme is.