Take a peek at a few of these favorites:
- Chicken Caesar Salad – Toss lettuce, Caesar dressing (Lighthouse brand is our family’s favorite), Parmesan, and diced chicken and wrap in a spinach tortilla.
- Nut Butter and Banana – Lay tortilla flat, spread nut butter, add peeled banana, roll, and slice into mini sandwich rounds.
- Roast Beef and Tzatziki – For those adventurous little tongues, why not layer tzatziki sauce with roast beef and a fancy cheese like havarti?
- Turkey, Cream Cheese, and Cranberry – Growing up this was one of my most favorite sandwiches! Lay your tortilla flat, spread the cream cheese, and layer turkey and a smothering of cranberry sauce. If you’re daring add some yummy sprouts for a fun alternative to lettuce.
- Tofu Curry Salad – Much like a chicken salad, mix tiny tofu bites with 1/3 cup each of currants, green onions, and chopped almonds. Fold the tofu mix into curry mayo (1 cup mayo, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon cumin, 3 tablespoon curry powder, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and a dash or two of garlic sea salt) and roll into your favorite tortilla.
- BBQ Buffalo Chicken – Toss shredded chicken with a blend of BBQ sauce and ranch dressing; roll in tomato tortilla and BOOM! – kiddos and husbands are BOTH happy!
- Grilled Cheese – Also known as a quesadilla 🙂
- BLTA – Don’t let frying bacon deter you! Simply lay bacon on a metal rack with a cookie sheet underneath and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. You’ll have perfectly crisp bacon to wrap with lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
- Peanut Butter, Strawberries, and Granola – Almost like a sweet parfait in a wrap, this is sure to be a fan favorite! Spread PB on your tortilla and press strawberries and granola into it so everything sticks together. Roll and munch!
While your packing up lunch, don’t hesitate to make an extra for Mom and Dad. Everyone in the family will dig a wrap for lunch!
Photo Credit: Dalboz17