Easter Bunny Cookies on a Stick
I have the perfect Easter cookies for your little ones this holiday – Easter Bunny Cookies on a stick. I made my own sugar cookie dough and cut out bunny shapes with a cookie cutter.
I decided to coat them with coconut to resemble bunny fur. I made a sweetened cream cheese frosting as the cookie frosting. My kids helped out every step of the way especially when the jellybeans came out and we used them as eyes (well the ones that were left over after they ate them).
You can also use store bought sugar cookie dough and icing if you don’t want to make homemade ones. The addition of the sticks makes them extra special. You can put them in an Easter basket or small pot and fill the bottom with jellybeans to make them look extra festive.
Hope you and the family have a wonderful Easter holiday!
3 cups of flour
1 cup of room temperature butter
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of salt
4 ounces of cream cheese room temperature
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of shredded sweetened coconut
Lollipop sticks optional
1. In a large bowl mix dry ingredients flour, salt, and baking powder.
2. In another bowl cream butter and sugar until well combined then add vanilla.
3. Combine dry ingredients and creamed butter/sugar mixture add 1 tablespoon of milk.
4. Let the dough rest in the fridge for 2 hours then let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes until you can roll it easily with a rolling pin.
5. Using a cookie cutter cut out shapes and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Insert the sticks in the bottom of every cookie bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
6. While the cookies are cooling make the cream cheese frosting combine cream cheese and powdered sugar.
7. Coat the cookies with cream cheese frosting then top with coconut and add jelly bean as the eye.
* Makes approximately 36 cookies depending on the size of your cookie cutter.
Easter Bunny Cookies on a Stick : Baby Gizmo Blogs