How about adding a tropical spin to your kids chicken nuggets? I have never met a kid that doesn’t love chicken nuggets. They are a great source of protein and easy to make so it is a win-win for everyone! Why not add a tropical spin and add mango and coconut to the breading?!
I added dehydrated mangos and unsweetened coconut to the breading and I instantly transformed these nuggets into something out of this world. The mangos and the coconuts add a nice natural sweetness to the nuggets. If your kids have never tasted coconuts or mangos this is a great easy way to introduce them to different ingredients.
You can try adding mangos and pineapples to the breading for another recipe. Trader Joe’s supermarket has a nice selection of dehydrated fruits so you can try a variety of bread crumb recipes. Hope you enjoy!
1 Chicken breast cut up into bite size pieces
1 cup of panko bread crumbs or regular plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup of ground dehydrated unsweetened mango (Trader Joe’s)
1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut
1 egg beaten
1. Coat chicken in egg wash.
2. Combine bread crumbs, mango and coconut.
3. Coat chicken in bread crumb mixture.
4. Bake in oven 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Recipe by: Bernice Dezelan
Mango Coconut Chicken Nuggets
- 1 Chicken breast cut up into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs or regular plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of ground dehydrated unsweetened mango Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut
- 1 egg beaten
- Coat chicken in egg wash.
- Combine bread crumbs, mango and coconut.
- Coat chicken in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in oven 350 degrees for 15 minutes.