Don’t miss another fabulous recipe! Follow us on Facebook for yummy recipes everyday!
They are back!! The Halloween Oreos have officially hit the store shelves! That bright orange Oreo creme just puts me in the pumpkin patch and trick or treat spirit.
Here’s the thing – I like Oreos. The regular, old Oreos are fantastic to bake with. They make a great crust, addition to a cookie recipe, topping for ice cream, add-in for brownies…you name it, and Oreo can do it. If you are talking about just eating them out of the package, the classic Oreos are no match for the holiday ones. For each major holiday (Christmas, Easter, Halloween etc) Oreo changes up the cookie with a double stuffed, colored creme. Here’s the thing though – the holiday Oreos taste different. They are BETTER! Seriously, I don’t know what they change besides the color but they just taste better. If I eat a Double Stuffed Oreo and then a holiday Oreo, I can tell the difference. The creme is different. The holiday ones are better by far!
This is why I’m so happy when these holiday Oreos hit the shelves. They are delicious and give me an excuse to whip up something great in the kitchen with them. This weekend I needed a treat for the football party we were headed to at the neighbors. I decided that Halloween Oreo Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies would be perfect!
1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (4.2 oz) package instant Cheesecake pudding mix (You can also use vanilla pudding mix!)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2-1/4 cups flour
1 -1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
14 Halloween Oreos
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2.Break the Oreo cookies into chunks. I don’t crush the Oreos to dust. I keep quite a few big chunks to keep the Oreo flavor and crunch in the cookies.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Add in pudding package and beat until well blended.
4. Add eggs and vanilla.
5. Stir flour and baking soda together in small bowl. Add flour mixture slowly to cookie batter until well incorporated.
6. Add in crushed Oreos and chocolate chips.
7. Stir by hand until all mixed together.
8. With a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop 1″ cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet.
Don’t forget to “LIKE” us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest.
- 1½ sticks (or ¾ cup) butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (4.2 oz) package instant Cheesecake pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 - ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 Oreos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Break the Oreo cookies into chunks. I don't crush the Oreos to dust. I keep quite a few big chunks to keep the Oreo flavor and crunch in the cookies.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
- Add in pudding package and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Stir flour and baking soda together in small bowl. Add flour mixture slowly to cookie batter until well incorporated.
- Stir in crushed Oreos and chocolate chips.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop 1" cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-12 minutes.