Did you know that peanut butter has about 100 uses? I sure didn’t. Surprisingly, a ton of the uses aren’t even food related! I have to say, I think the best use for peanut butter is to be paired with chocolate and eaten by me. But here are 30 other creative uses I’ve found for peanut butter besides eating it. Be sure to do some research before actually trying these!
1. Makes pill swallowing easier. For children and dogs. Many people vouch that covering a pill with peanut butter will make swallowing the medicine easier!
2. Mouse trap bait. Pesky rodents in the house? Use peanut butter to lure them in and catch them.
3. DIY bird feeder. Cover a pine cone with peanut butter and roll it in bird seeds! So simple.
4. Butter substitute for baking. Did you run out of butter and don’t have time to make it to the store? Use peanut butter instead. This works especially well for baked goods.
5. Shaving cream. I don’t know if I would personally recommend it but apparently men have tried it and it works! Desperate times call for desperate measures.
6. Get sticky glue off your hands. Just rub peanut butter on your hands to remove!
7. Remove fish smells. If you’ve been cooking fish and are tired of your home smelling like it, just add a glob of peanut butter to the pan you just used to get rid of the fishy smell. Pretty genius if you ask me.
8. Fix your scratched CD. Rub a small amount of peanut butter on the surface and wipe clean with a cloth.
9. Getting gum out of your carpet. Cover the spot with peanut butter and rub the area until the gum comes out.
10. Gum stuck in your hair? Yikes! Don’t worry! Just put peanut butter in your hair and the gum will slide right out!
11. Removing sticky labels. Place peanut butter over the label and wait 10 minutes. Rub it with a cloth to remove.
12. Getting rust off of tools like lawnmowers. Peanut butter is a great lubricator. If your lawnmower or other tools are getting rusty, just smear some peanut butter on the blades.
13. Leather cleaner. Peanut butter is a great cleaner for leather. All you have to do is rub a small amount on and work it in a circular motion. Remove with a buffing cloth and you’re done!
14. Get gum off your shoes. I hate when I step in gum! After it happens there always seems to be dirt and sticks and grime stuck to it as well. If this has ever happened to you, you’ll be happy to know that if you rub peanut butter on it, it will easily come off.
15. Polish your car. If you recently waxed your car and got some of the white wax on any of the black trim areas, just use peanut butter to get rid of it!
16. Clean glass. Peanut butter is the perfect thing to use to get those smushed bug stains off your windshield.
17. Make your own dog biscuits. Dog treats can be expensive, I know. Use peanut butter to cut back on costs without cutting back on deliciousness for your best furry friend.
18. Treat scratched wood. Rub the scratched areas with peanut butter and then wipe them clean after 30 minutes. Wax the surface when you’re done.
19. Cure hiccups. People say that if you take your time eating 1 tablespoon of peanut butter while you have the hiccups, that they will go away. As you chew and use your tongue, your breathing patterns will interrupted and may result in ridding yourself of those pesky hiccups.
20. Winter preservative. Smear it on garden tools and wooden handles for protection against harsh weather.
21. Polish vinyl items. Use a cotton cloth, smear it on, rub it off.
22. Use it as a recipe substitute. If a recipe calls for expensive nut butters, chances are you can use plain good ol’ peanut butter instead.
23. Price tag removal. Peanut butter is the perfect thing to remove price tag labels and anything else that’s stuck to your belongings and shouldn’t be.
24. Go fishing with it. Fish actually like peanut butter so next time you’re fishing, use peanut butter as your bait.
25. Pet bribery. If your dog doesn’t like to take baths but is really stinky, smear some peanut butter on the side of the tub to get Fido to jump in.
26. Moisturizing your hair. Massage peanut butter right into your scalp for a super simple DIY hair mask. Follow up with shampoo and your hair will be gorgeous.
27. Tackling an ant problem. Combine 2 teaspoons of peanut butter with half a teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of borax to make DIY ant bait. Just make sure you don’t use this bait around pets!
28. Stop the bottom drip of your ice cream cone. Am I the only one with that problem? Just plug the bottom of the cone with peanut butter! This will keep your hands clean and your stop your cone from dripping!
29. Make peanut butter cookies. Now that may seem like an obvious one but there are amazing peanut butter cookie recipes that don’t call for flour which means you save on ingredients by using peanut butter.
30. Use it for your health. Just by eating a tablespoon full of peanut butter is known to help lower high blood sugar in diabetic patients.
Now we want to know, have you used peanut butter in any of these creative ways or do you have another one to share? Leave us a comment and let us know!