When we visited Texas two years ago I fell in love with so many restaurants. I mean, Texas knows how to cook! One of our favorite stops was Rudy’s in Lubbock and since coming home we’ve adopted one of their menu items as our own … the Rudy’s Baked Potato. I hope your family will enjoy it too!
- 4 large russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pulled Pork, you can purchase this already prepared or follow this recipe for crockpot pulled pork
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce or another favorite
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees while washing and scrubbing your potatoes. Prick each potato with a fork – 8 to 10 times – and wrap in foil or place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, check with a knife to insure they are cooked through, if not, add another 15 minutes and check again
- Allow to cool on stove top for 15 minutes before slicing open
- Add fixin’s! Butter and cheese first so they melt real well and then sour cream, pulled pork and BBQ sauce. Other favorites are onions, bacon and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Have you ever copied a restaurant’s recipe for a home meal? I had never though of adding pulled pork to a baked potato until visiting Rudy’s. Now, it seems like my potato is naked until topped with pulled pork!